Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Arrival

I got my 5D mark II in the mail today, a bit of a surprise really because I didn't think I'd have one in my hands till well after the first of the year. The 5D2 adds a lot of photographic power that I didn't have before, including some really excellent low light functionality, full frame shooting, and ultra-high resolution. However, the most fun that I've had with it today is shooting HD video-- my brother and I hacked together a brief little clip to explore some of its potential.



Some sample pictures:

(17mm)


(85mm)

I haven't had the camera long enough to have a clear idea of what all it's capable of but for right now I can certainly say that it's a very useful photographic tool with a ton of potential. Now if I can just figure out all these buttons...

No comments: